Thursday, April 19, 2012

Charcoal, Meat, and Blessings

I apologize for not having updated... I am working on "Charcoal, Meat, and Blessings," the pet name my zany mind has given the efforts to feed workers, volunteers, and the displaced in West Liberty and Morgan County Mon - Sat. Any and all are welcome to eat. Those who can give put a few bucks in our high-tech coffee can. Those who can't give financially give with a smile of thanks. If you are moved to assist financially in this effort, here is the online fundraiser: http://www.crowdrise.com/morgancountykydisasterrelief. All funds received through this effort are used to feed the masses.
Side note: one day a couple of weeks ago, I sat down at the computer to begin catching up on donation requests and emails from folks communicating needs of areas, individuals, and families. I caught a big whiff of myself. I STUNK after hours of grilling over charcoal and serving over 400 people. I began my Facebook status update with "I reek of charcoal and meat." Before hitting 'enter,' it dawned on me... I reeked of the things I had been absolutely begging folks to donate for days. The Lord does provide... so, I backspaced and made my status the truth, "I reek of charcoal, meat, and blessings."
The continued outpouring of support spiritually, emotionally, and financially has been amazing. I am humbled and blessed to be a part of this.
Also - we are very short on manpower. If you, your group or civic organization would like to be a part of this effort, please contact me at georg.hill@gmail.com.



Thank you!
Georganna

No comments:

Post a Comment